The Baldwin Education Foundation “Pawz Patrol” made the rounds September 15, 2017 to each of the USD 348 schools. 30 grants were awarded to 54 teachers for innovative projects for our students.
The Board wants to extend its sincere thanks to everyone who applied. We were delighted with the quality and number of applicants this year, which made our decisions extremely difficult. While we were not able to fund all of your requests, we encourage you to apply next year.
The 30 grants total $18,659. It is only through the terrific support of our community – of which each of you are a part – that we are able to award these grants.
The Baldwin Education Foundation Board is pleased to announce the recipients of the 2017-2018 Innovative Project Grants:
- Sunny Allen, BHS Language Arts, Breakout Edu.
- Jim Ashcraft & Bronte Bailey, BHS Science and Business, 3D printing.
- Danielle Balsman, BHS Math, Problem Solving Suite: Math Applications. Presented in partnership with Edward Jones Investments
- Bench Currie & Mike Berg, BJHS Science, 3D Printer.
- Don Blanchat, BHS History, NHD in the Classroom: Innovation through Research & Competition.
- Jill Boyle, BESIC Library, Bullpup Book Club.
- Bonnie Butell-Huntoon and Becky Weaver, BHS Language Arts and Art, BHS Literary/Art Magazine.
- Gayle Dempsey, Heather Singleton, Jesse Austin, Randi Canterbury, Kathryn Kerner and Jeff Melcher, BHS, MUSE Mediation Headsets.
- Andrew Ising & Deb Ehling-Gwin, BHS and BESPC, Collaborative Prairie Species Sampling.
- Katie Ellena, 3rd Grade, BESIC, STEM for Everyone.
- Tom Harman, BHS Industrial Arts, GO Kart.
- JoAnn Heins, 4th Grade, BESIC, Our classroom pets: Dot and Dash.
- Andrew Ising, BHS Science, Cutting Edge Science is as Easy as (Raspberry) Pi. Presented in Partnership with Kansas State Bank.
- Kindergarten Team: Cybill Coates, Esther Jewell, Leslie Jackman, Jamie Inzer, Amie Musselman, Betsy Ulrich and Debbie Wallace, Habitats, $750.
- April Kohrs and Sara Slack, 3rd Grade, BESIC, Lego Love.
- Danielle Balsman, Kym Garcia and Lori Lampe, BHS Math, KUTA Software.
- Lori Markley, BJHS, BHS, PEP Speech, FRIENDS Group.
- Jeff Melcher, BHS, Special Education, Resource Science Classroom.
- Ryan Nichols, BESPC Music, Ukuleles in the Classroom.
- PEP Team: Nicole Neil, Janelle Arb, Jennifer Herrington and Janey Wiseman, BESPC, Praries-R-Us.
- Danita Price, 4th Grade, BESIC, Gaining “STEAM”.
- Angela Spielman, 5th Grade, BESIC, Active Student Seating.
- Star Team: Deanna Kessler-Miley, Gina Dearing and Jackie Hostetler, BESPC, STAR Program.
- Gary Stevanus, BHS Activities, CPR Curriculum and AED Trainer.
- Erik Bailey & Eric Toot, BJHS Reading and Social Studies, Experiential Learning Across 7th Grade. Presented in Partnership with Rodrock Chiropractic.
- Ashlea Troth, 1st Grade, BESPC, STEM Kits.
- Betsy Ulrich, BESPC IRR, A Sensory Experience Continued.
- Becky Weaver, BHS Art, Pottery Wheel, $750. Presented in partnership with MarLan Construction.
- Tyler Wolf, BJHS Business, Snack Shack. Presented in partnership with Mid America Bank.
- Casey Wright, 4th Grade, BESIC, Project-Based Learning for the 21st Century.