USD 348 uses the SchoolMessenger Notification System to provide timely communication to parents on matters such as attendance, general interest activities and school and district emergencies. The default setup for School Messenger communications follows. The one or two numbers you indicated as your automated calling numbers on your enrollment form will always be called. In the event of an emergency during the school day, the three numbers listed under emergency contacts on your enrollment form will also be called. In addition, communications may sometimes be emailed and we will email all the addresses you indicated on your enrollment form. You will not receive SMS text messages for any number.
If you would like to change these defaults, you may create your own contact preference profile using SchoolMessenger’s Contact Manager web site. Contact Manager allows you to control the ways in which you prefer to be contacted. It also works like a mailbox, giving you a place to review messages you may have missed. Please note that if you do not wish to change your defaults and you do not wish to have access to previously sent messages, you will still receive calls even if you do not create an account. Follow the steps below only if you wish to use these added features:
1. Click here: https://contactme.
3. Check your email. There will be an Account Activation email from [email protected] which contains a link to a confirmation page where you enter your password to activate your account.
4. Click next on the account activation page and select the choice: “I do not have an Activation Code and want to activate by phone.” You will need to be able to call into the system from one of the phone numbers associated with your student’s record.
5. Add your child’s name to your account by entering their student number. If you do not have their student number please contact your child’s school.
6. If you have other children in the district, you may also add them at this time or you will have the opportunity to add them later.
7. Click next and you will be prompted to call in and activate your account. If you do not have a phone available, print the page and complete the call within 24 hours.
8. After you have activated your account, you can return to the login page and log in with the email and password you used when creating the account.
From here you can see previous messages or choose the “Contact” tab, and then click “Edit” to check which types of messages you would like to receive at which phone number or email address. You may also add additional students on this page. If you wish to receive SMS text messages, you may opt in here by adding a number and checking the boxes to indicate which calls you would like to receive as a text as well. Make sure that you pick “Save” when you are finished making changes.